Saturday, June 26, 2010

So... I Bought A Pair Of Shoes...

I think I deserve to buy myself a little something every now and then. Without going in to the depressing detail, I really can't afford to buy anything for myself. Money, no matter how little, is strictly to be spent on survival these days. I'm thankful that we're just sqeeeaking by but every now and then, just because I work my arse off and need a major moral boast, I buy myself something. I buy myself something and then for ages (read "days", "weeks", "months", sometimes "years") after I am wracked, plagued even, by this all consuming, unshakeable guilt! The kind of guilt that eats you up inside. The kind of guilt that makes me wonder to myself, while I'm towelling off after a shower, whether or not I remembered to soap, so I get back in to the shower and bath again, only to remember when I've reached my legs that I did, infact, lather up the first time. The type of guilt that makes driving under the influence of alcohol, chemical drugs and three doses of Nyquil all in one shot pale in comparison to me behind the wheel of a car whilst hopped up on guilt. The kind of guilt that makes me wonder, while piping eclairs, whether or not I remembered to sugar the water for the pate au choux, pushing me to decide to dump the whole perfectly good batch and start again.

These are the culprits...




The bitches! That's right... Sequins!!! Hidden platform!!! Five inches to the naked eye, four to stand on!!! PINK(!!!) SKULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shoe orgasm! 

I've cuveted these babies for about three months now. I, literally, tried them on about 10 times. I'm sure the little sales girl (who is Selena Gomez's identical twim and just does not know it yet) rolled her eyes repeatedly and groaned everytime she saw me coming, taking bets with her co-workers about the fact that I'd never actually buy them! That particular pair has my foot smell in them I'm sure! Sadly, no amount of footwear territory marking could stop them from being sold.

So now I have a gorgeous pair of shoes en route from Canada... And I love them... I've planned an outfit around them... Even down to the earrings... But I feel so effin' shitty about them! So shitty I cried last night and I am DREADING their arrival, poor little things, no one to welcome them home. Not even a healthy dose of "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!-MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!-MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! To ME" is remedying my buyer's remorse! Ugh!!! Rahh!!!

I day-dream at length about guilt free purchasing power!

2 comments:

  1. Girl enjoy wearing them they are worth the sweat and tears! I can definately understand what you are going through but instead of purchasing shoes for myself I go and buy my daughter a pair of blink up princess sneakers she has been eyeing for about 6 months now.....so love those shoes with pride and keep doing what you do. I have tossed many batches worrying I didn't put the baking soda or omg I forgot the butter! Just know you and your daughter's health comes 1st and the little rewards make it worth the splurge. It's not like we get to do this on a daily basis ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww, they're GORGEOUS !!!! I'm giggling here remembering my own agonizing about buying my own Bitch Heels. I agonized so long about getting them that the damn things were discontinued and I had to search for daaaaays before finding them online.
    We need to get together and take the Bitch Heels out on the town!!!

    ReplyDelete